This program supports the collaboration between Academia and Industry to solve an industry-based problem and drive the commercialization of Intellectual Property [IP]. The institution will leverage the unique skills and specialized infrastructure that is instrumental to streamline internal innovations and commercialization needs. Resulting in targeted training of individuals and direct engagement with Industry to work on commercially viable solutions.
Best suited for:
- Principal investigator at Ontario publicly funded university/research hospital, or applied research officer at Ontario publicly funded college
- For-profit company
- Incorporated in Ontario for a minimum of two years, and five full-time equivalent (FTE) employees in Ontario
- Operations and/or R&D in Ontario with capacity to commercialize results of the project
- Utilizes unique skills/resources of post-secondary institution to meet industry innovation and commercialization needs
- Sample application form (for reference purposes only. Applications are only accepted through OCI’s online system where full application requirements are listed.
- Eligible Expenses Guidelines
- Funding Agreement
- Search OCI’s Knowledge Base of Frequently Asked Questions
Express your interest and see if this program is right for your business.
View the Program Guidelines for full program details and eligibility requirements.
Other OCI Programs
Next Generation Network Program (NGNP)
Market Readiness (MR)
TalentEdge Internship Program (TIP) – NGNP
Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN)