Our Mission, Vision & Values
To be at the centre of innovation in Ontario – driving economic growth and job creation through investments in the commercialization and adoption of new technologies.
To bring industry, academic, and government partners together and invest in collaborative R&D, technology development, and commercialization opportunities that will generate the highest return on innovation for Ontarians.
- Collaboration: The success of one advances the success of all
- Empowerment and Leadership: Lead by example and instill confidence in each other
- Communication: Communicate clearly, openly, and honestly
- Agility: Be responsive and continuously adapt to meet opportunities
- Accountability: Act with integrity and own our actions and results.
Develop and deliver programs that accelerate the development, commercialization, and adoption of advanced technologies to drive job creation.
OCI achieves this mandate by:
- Taking a leadership role in industry-academic collaborations and working collaboratively with the Province to enable a high and sustainable level of prosperity
- Helping innovative companies leverage the outcomes and capabilities of provincial research institutions
- Providing real-world experience for Ontario’s next generation of innovators and entrepreneurs
- Driving and supporting the development of a world-class knowledge transfer system
- Supporting the commercialization of a publicly-funded academic research outcomes and expanding Ontario’s network of Canadian and international partners
- Creating strategic partnerships that benefit OCI clients and are complementary to the organization’s vision and mission.