As a pillar of the Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN), the AV R&D Partnership Fund supports projects related to the development and demonstration of technologies in the Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (C/AV) sector in the following Priority Areas:
- Mass light vehicles (e.g., cars, trucks and vans)
- Heavy duty vehicles (including commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles (RVs), and others used for goods movement)
- Transportation infrastructure
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Transit-supportive systems and vehicles
Best suited for:
- Small- or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- Required to have operations in Ontario
- Companies who have received over $500,000 of OCI funding in their lifetime (excluding TalentEdge) are required to obtain OCI approval before a new application for funding is initiated. Your Business Development Manager can guide you through the process.
- For-profit Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- For-profit National and Multi-National Enterprises (NEs and MNEs)
- Publicly-funded Post-Secondary Academic Institutions (secondary)
- Indigenous Communities
- Not-For-Profit Organizations
- Required to have operations and carry out projects in Ontario
- Eligible projects require a minimum of two organizations: Generally, an SME – the Applicant – works with a Primary Partner (other than an Academic Institution). Additional partners - Secondary Partners – can be any eligible organization and part of the team for strategic and commercial reasons. There is no limit on the number of partners.
- Minimum 2:1 cash match by Applicants and/or Partners
- Project activities are carried out in Ontario
- MUST include demonstration of actual products that can be showcased at events, on the road, and/or at customer sites.
- Projects should be at Technology Readiness Level 3-7
- Typical project activities include: technology development, demonstration, product/service validation, testing, and proof of concept
- OCI Funding Agreement
- Eligible Expenditures Guide
- Sample EOI Questions
- Sample Proposal Questions (Note: This sample application template is for informational purposes only. Applications are only through OCI’s online system where full application requirements are listed).
- Letter of Support Template
- AVIN Data and Information Sharing Protocol (DISP)
Express your interest and see if this program is right for your business.
View the Program Guidelines for full program details and eligibility requirements.
Other OCI Programs
Next Generation Network Program (NGNP)
Market Readiness (MR)
Voucher for Innovation and Productivity (VIP)
TalentEdge Internship Program (TIP) – NGNP